The Benefits of Merino
Why you need merino wool in your life.
Merino is popular for its natural properties and sustainable impact on the environment. Sherpa merino is also 100% Australian, so by buying our merino you are supporting local aussie farmers. It is also soft on the skin, non-itch and will retain its shape thanks to our 18.5 micron superfine fibres contructed with an interlock knit.
Benefits of wearing merino wool
- Renewable, sustainable & natural fabric! Merino wool is a natural, renewable fiber as it is harvested from a sheep and grows back each year. The merino fiber has evolved over the years to keep sheep comfortable in harsh environments. Merino sheep can be comfortable in temperatures that range from 5 degrees to 95 degrees highlighting the warm properties of merino garments.
- Soft and comfortable. Superfine merino feels soft against the skin, lightweight and non-itch. Be careful to select superfine merino as anything else cause irritate sensitive skin or be itchy against the skin.
- Breathable and odour free. Merino wool is porous, meaning, it can absorb sweat and moisture and transport it as a vapor. It is also odour free thanks to its natural microbial properties.
- Natural UV protection. Merino wool has evolved over the years to protect sheep from UV light. Merino can absorb UV radiation, providing effective sun protection.
Why buy Sherpa Merino Wool
- 100% merino and 100% Australian. Many other brands offer merino blends which are not renewable or natural. Our Sherpa merino is made from 100% Australian superfine merino.
- Superfine 18.5 micron. Our specially sourced superfine merino allows for a softer, non itch feel against the skin.
- Interlock knit. We use an interlock knit on uor merino baselayers to improve shape retension for easy wash and care.