Sherpa Outdoors is looking for an outdoors enthusiast based in Sydney to assist with our ongoing growth as we take on an exciting new development in the “outdoors” space. It will initially be a part-time roll with scope to become full time down the track.
Work with our small team in a flexible environment to inspire and cater to the needs of other outdoor enthusiasts. As part of a small team you will have direct contact with the owner, partake in major strategic and management decisions and play a significant role in the future of Sherpa Outdoors.
The main focus of the new role is managing and improving our digital marketing so any experience and/or interest in that space would be a bonus. But, the main thing is that you are an experienced & enthusiastic outdoors person with an interest and passion for outdoor gear. This role will also involve interacting with customers, general warehouse duties and inventory management.
Some of your jobs will involve ...
Social Media/Digital Marketing tasks
- Preparing & publishing social media posts (Facebook & Instagram).
- Creating regular emails re products, promotions, etc. to our mailing list via Mail Chimp
- Updating graphics on our website and Facebook banners
- Liaising with our external digital marketing (PPC on Google & FB ads) agency re provision of graphics for paid ads
Customer Service tasks
- Serving walk in customers to our warehouse store
- Answering phone calls
- Replying and actioning customer enquires over email
Warehouse/Store/Inventory Management tasks
- Serving as a back up to our existing Warehouse Operations staff with various tasks including processing online orders (picking, packing, dispatching, etc.), handling incoming stock & general warehouse management duties
- Inventory management including monitoring stock demand/levels and ordering from suppliers, monitoring & actioning price changes from suppliers, etc.
Training will be provided to the right person.
Desirable Experience & Attributes:
- Active outdoors enthusiast (bushwalker, hiker, camper, rock climber, trail runner etc)
- eCommerce experience (Ideally with Neto)
- Creative/graphics skills
- Social media guru
- Experience with Mail Chimp
- Experience with Canva and/or Photoshop
- Retail experience
- Good writing skills
- Good computer literacy skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Warehousing & stock management experience
The most important thing to us is a passion for the outdoors and the gear that helps people enjoy the outdoors in comfort & safety. So, if you can tick at least a few of the things listed above and are enthusiastic about the outdoors we would love to hear from you!
Please send an email to email@example.com with 'Job Opportunity' in the subject line including a CV if you have one or at least a list of your interests, skills and/or experiences that align with our needs. We look forward to hearing from you!